Call us now:
In the modern digital world, criminal convictions can cast long-lasting shadows over your personal and professional life. With background checks readily accessible online, employers and professional licensing organizations can easily access your criminal history. This can often result in undue discrimination, where past mistakes unfairly overshadow your qualifications. However, you are not without options! Post-conviction relief mechanisms, like expungement, can provide a path to a clean record and a fresh start.
Wiping the Slate Clean: The Power of Expungement
Expungement is a legal process that effectively ‘erases’ a criminal charge from your record. This can open doors to opportunities that might otherwise remain out of reach due to a past conviction. An experienced post-conviction attorney can assess:
- Your eligibility for expungement
- The need for having your criminal record sealed by the court
- Strategies to improve your post-conviction status
From Felony to Misdemeanor: Reducing Your Conviction
Successfully completed your probation for a felony conviction? You may qualify for a felony to misdemeanor reduction. This can significantly mitigate the long-term impact of a criminal conviction. The Law Office of Jerry Kaufman specializes in identifying and pursuing such opportunities. We can:
- Review your case for qualification
- Apply for felony to misdemeanor reduction
- Advise on the impacts and benefits of this reduction
Pardoning Past Mistakes: The Impact of a Criminal Conviction Pardon
Criminal convictions can have a profound effect on your life, often long after the sentence has been served. If you have an old conviction with no additional criminal history over the past decade, a pardon can potentially alleviate many consequences associated with your conviction. Post-conviction attorneys like Jerry Kaufman can:
- Evaluate your eligibility for a pardon
- Prepare and file pardon petitions
- Advise on how a pardon can help clear your name
Prop 47 Relief: A Beacon of Hope
The enactment of Proposition 47 has been a game-changer for many, offering:
- Early release from custody
- Termination of probation or parole
- The reduction of many felonies to misdemeanors
Wondering if you or a loved one are eligible for relief under Prop 47? Jerry Kaufman, with a proven track record in successfully handling such petitions, is ready to help.
Proposition 47 particularly affects convictions such as:
- Shoplifting property worth $950 or less
- Forgery on a check worth $950 or less
- Drug possession for personal use
Need more information on Prop 47 or other post-conviction relief options? The Law Office of Jerry Kaufman is here to guide you.
Don’t let the past dictate your future. Take proactive steps to clean up your record and create new opportunities. For a free consultation or immediate assistance, please contact us. Exploring your options today could pave the path to a more promising future. Let us assist you in this journey towards redemption.